Since the first time I walked into this place, I have seen potential and been mesmerized by it. Over time, I developed a vision for this place that I dream of being realized. I get so depressed thinking that I may not be able to have it come to fruition, though I know it's a strong possibility. I want so badly, to have someone fall in love with my vision, and say, "Why yes! We would love to have that. How much you say? One million dollars?! Hell yeah, we'll take it. Where do we sign?"
On Thursday, I had a long meeting with the contractor I've been working with for the last 6 months or so. He and I went through the house and imagined what it could be if cost wasn't an issue. To me, that's one step away from heaven. I love brainstorming about what a space can become. Rarely, if ever, do you get to manifest your first inspired vision, the vision always morphs. I love to become so intimately entranced with the detailed nuances of a project. It makes me feel so alive and content. It's crushing to walk away from something I'm so passionate about, but then I have to acknowledge that there's reality to contend with. I don't want to go doom and gloom listing off the current crappy conditions that exist in reality, because I think we all know. Point is, it's not exactly the ideal climate to find my fantasy clients/house buyers. BUT Dammit, this house can be a sweet 'effin house!
Anyway, I have plans for how to market my brilliance, it just hasn't made it much past the stage of big talking, some floor plans and this blog, but I have plans, oh yes. Once I have the floor plans nailed down, I'm having 3-D renderings done of select areas, such as the kitchen, curb appeal and some cool angle of a living area, then the marketing plan hits the web. We're working with 2 agents who are coming up with a plan of attack. While I am trying to get my vision into a form that someone other than those of us in the business can see.
For now, here are the existing floor plan images, for both levels, and the drawings I did up this weekend. Sorry the quality is lousy, no time to adjust....



3 comments:
If anyone can do it, you can! I admire your talent and vision. Chris
This looks great...nice to see the new floorplan and get a visual on your design. I will be crossing my fingers you get the perfect client! :)
Me too! Fingers crossed and positive energy your way!
Post a Comment