Tuesday, December 9, 2008

29 weeks on Monday

Has it really been 2 weeks since I posted something?! Time flies, especially around the holidays....

As of yesterday, I am at 29 weeks, and for those of you who don't speak pregger-talk, I just entered my third trimester and have just shy of 3 more months to go. I have really popped out recently and am marveling at how my body is changing, the lovely things like back rolls and swollen legs make me feel sexy.

Erik and I had our trip up to Colorado to visit the fam for Turkey day weekend, it was really nice, very mellow. We didn't manage to coordinate with any friends, but sometimes that happens.... Thanksgiving was fun, good company, good food. Drive back from CO, not good. What normally takes us between 7 and 8 hours, took us over 11 due to a horrible storm outside of Colorado Springs. Going 5 miles an hour, for 3 hours in packed traffic with cars off the road all over the place is not relaxing. Erik was awesome and got us home safe and sound. My hero.

Since we've been back we finished the nursery! OK, I barely did anything but supervise, so Erik really should get all the credit for completing what turned out to be a really long project. Due to the awesomeness of the previous owners, the prep work was a good sized project in and of itself. Having been a painter for a number of years, seeing things like painted window frames and general sloppiness all over the place, makes me annoyed and I feel it must be corrected. Luckily, my hubby and I share the characteristic of needing things done right in order to satiate our sick need for perfection. That being said, most projects that we work on take much longer to complete than if someone who doesn't give a rat's ass about whether the line where two colors come together is perfectly straight and clean. However, clean lines make us feel calm and like the world is not such a bad place after all. Sad, I know, but at least we have each other. So, our beautious nursery has perfectly straight lines and we love it.

Here are some pictures of me, the growing belly, and our cute nursery.

Me at my folks house for a family dinner.

Update on Tasha and her family:

Zabri Hill Schotte is already a month old! He is changing every time I see him and is still a total cutie-pie. As of now, I am only seeing him about once a week or so, but it's fun when we do get together. He is an eating machine, and will probably get some kind of award for his weight gain prowess.

They have now moved into their own house in Placitas, one that an old family friend is renting to them. It's a small old adobe 2 bedroom with brick floors, a fireplace, a hot tub, a greenhouse, and lovely views. They are still getting settled in, but so far they are really enjoying the space.


Happy Grandma & Grandson

5 comments:

Dorota said...

Have I mentioned that I LOVE that you are growing out your hair. Sexy mamma!

OnlyMira said...

You look adorable. The nursery is adorable. Zabri is adorable and even mom as a grandma is adorable. This Christmas is going to be disgustingly.... adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cam-
Chad shared your site with me! You look beautiful! Congratulations!

Jen

TJ Morton said...

I see that what used to be an innie has now become an outie! I must say Cam, that pregnancy is very becoming of you. I enjoyed getting to talk to Bake yesterday and I hope you guys are enjoying the snow!

T.J.

Camian said...

Thanks, Teej!

Yep, my cavernous belly button is no more. Interesting seeing the bottom of it! It's very soft too, so I pet it....

Love the snow, the icy roads we could live without, but I'm totally enjoying the winter weather.