Thursday, October 23, 2008

Beautifying the nursery

Yay, I gots me a little nursery color scheme figured out! Being the design dork that I am, it makes me quite happy. Also, having something fun and creative and positive to focus on is definitely a good thing, especially right now. Granted, we just spent more money to make this come together, but I know I got good deals on everything. Also, as you will see, it will all work for a girl or boy. I am planning on having an ultrasound next week to find out the sex, but with slight modifications I can make it more girly, and then if we have a boy later, or visa-versa, it'll still work. See how practical I am?!

OK, here's what's in the pictures (two of the same because the lighting was different):
The rug, 6'x9' cozy cotton "chindi rag rug"
The thing on the rug is a crib bumper that is part of a big set I bought for $40 on Craigslist. There's a bumper, a bedskirt, a diaper bag that hangs off a post of something, a little panel hangy thing that has pouches, a comforter, and two window valances. One of the valances is what is hanging over what will be my curtain.
The cabinet in the background is my old kitchen desk which I am converting into a mini-closet/armoire type thing for the baby, since I have the closet full with my stuff.

Anyway, thank you for indulging me.... I will show more pics as I make progress.




1 comment:

OnlyMira said...

cuuuuuuuute. I heart Craigslist.